OxiClean asked me to host a party with one of my favorite ENTERTAIN! brunch themes, a bloody mary egg bar! Perfect for spring and with Easter just around the corner, my tips will show you how to create the perfect spring brunch with my signature bloody mary and egg bar.
Bloody Mary Bar
There are so many versions and styles of the bloody mary bar, so let your guests decide how they want their drinks by setting up a MYO “make your own” bloody mary bar with an array of ingredients – spices, flavors, and garnishes.
1. Rim your glass with a meat rub, salt, or any of the suggested below.
2. Start your drink with a base – can be traditional or non-traditional.
3. Add your liquor.
4. Add other ingredients/flavors (can be the classics – horseradish, worcestershire sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, and cracked pepper)
5. Garnish your drink with everything but the kitchen sink!
- Steak rub
– Sesame seeds
– Flavored salts (truffle, wasabi, smoked, etc.)
- Tomato juice
- Pre-made Bloody Mary Mix
– Clamato juice
– V8 juice
– Vodka = Classic Bloody Mary, Vodka + Sweet Vermouth = Bloody Mariella
– Bacon-infused vodka = Bacon Mary
– Tequila = Bloody Maria
– Gin = Bloody Margaret
– Sake = Bloody Geisha
– Non-alcoholic = Bloody Shame!
– Worcestershire sauce
– lime juice
– hot sauce
– Sweet Vermouth
– Pickled shrimp
– Pickled carrots
– Hot peppers
– Cherry tomatoes
– Cocktail onions
– Olives (blue cheese, jalapeño, garlic stuffed)
– Baby corn
– Bamboo shoots
– Caper berries
– Beef jerky
– Slim Jims
– Green peppers
– Carrot sticks
– Green onion
Start with a basic egg quiche, cut into bars, and create a toppings bar for your guests to dress theirs up. It’ll give them a variety of taste with minimal work!
Suggested combos to go with the Bloody Mary bar:
- Classic: bacon, tomatoes, sour cream, chopped scallions, cheddar cheese
- Mexican (to go with the bloody Maria): queso fresco, salsa, hot sauce, jalapeños, red peppers, corn
- English (to go with the Bloody Margaret): asparagus, creme fraiche, salmon roe, dill
- Asian (to go with the Bloody Geisha): baby corn, ponzu sauce, shiitake mushrooms, black and white sesame seeds, bean sprouts, daikon, wasabi
– Italian (to go with the Bloody Mariella): parmesan cheese, roasted tomatoes, chopped basil, roasted peppers, extra virgin olive oil
For tips on how to Entertain with OxiClean, click here.