MYO Margarita Bar
Everyone loves tequila, but not everyone loves their tequila the same way. Have your guests create their own margaritas, and dress up drinks with their flavors of choice.
There are many types of tequila. Some are made for sipping, and others are for blending.
- Blanco: Blanco means “white” because tequila blanco is aged less than two months and does not adopt the golden color of tequilas which are ages longer. and Jose Cuervo’s Especial Silver is sweet and smooth, and perfect for your margarita!
- Reposado: Reposado means “rested”. These tequilas have been aged longer than two months, but less than a full year, and they adopt a rich, golden hue. Espolón’s Reposado is bold with rich roasted agave, sweet tropical fruit, vanilla and brown spices, giving it a long and spicy finish. Reposados are blending tequilas.
- Añejo: Añejo means “aged” and these tequilas have been aged at least a full year. Don Julio’s Añejo is aged for 18 months, giving it a light amber color and a complex taste with expressions of cooked agave and wild honey in addition to notes of cherries and strawberries with vanilla and oaky butterscotch.
- Extra Añejo: Extra aged tequilas are strictly for sipping, and are ideally served neat. Don Julio’s Real tequila is aged for three to five years, giving it a golden hue with primary flavors of cooked agave an peach, followed by vanilla layered with caramel, chocolate, and coffee undertones. These, in addition to a slight herbal essence create a refined and unforgettable sensation.
Start your Margarita bar by putting out a blanco, reposado, and añejo tequila, but don’t stop there! Include options like chile and fruit infused tequilas.
Put out a variety of fruit flavors in squeeze bottles so your guests can easily add their own flavors, and don’t forget to flavor your rim, salty, sweet or spicy. You can’t have too much flavor on Cinco de Mayo!
Try some of these delicious ideas:
The Firecracker Margarita
The Skinny Rita Margarita
The Salt and Pepper Margarita
To prepare this margarita combine:
To prepare the Mark-a-rita combine:
- 2 oz. Espolón Reposado Tequila
- 0.5 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. Orange Juice
- 1 oz. Grape Juice
- 1 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- Citrus Salt Rim
- Lemon and Lime as Garnish