Red White and Blue Meatloaf Cupcakes
You will need:
- 6 cup Muffin Pan
- Foil Cupcake Liners
- 1 lb Meatloaf Recipe, uncooked (suggested recipe below)
- 6 c. Mashed Potatoes (suggested recipe below)
- Red and blue food coloring
- Bacon bits, radishes, and green onions, chopped fine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place cupcake liners into muffin pan.
- Shape meatloaf mixture into large balls and press into muffin pan so that it resembles a baked cupcake. Remember, meat doesn’t rise, it reduces size so you’ll want to overfill the pan.
- Place muffin tins into oven and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until until meat thermometer inserted in center of cupcake reads 160°F. Allow the muffins to slightly cool before topping.
- Divide prepared mashed potatoes into three equal parts and slowly add drops of red and blue food coloring to two parts until desired color is achieved.
- Place colored potato mixtures in decorating bags fitted with desired tip. Pipe potatoes on cupcakes.
- Garnish with bacon, radish, green onion “sprinkles”
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1/4 Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- In large bowl, mix meat loaf mixture ingredients until well combined
- 3 lbs white potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons pressed garlic
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 4 tbs. butter
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Salt and White Pepper
- Place the cubed potatoes and kosher salt into a large pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Add 1 teaspoon of the crushed garlic to the water for flavor. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and add the butter. Mash until the butter is melted. Mix in cream and remaining garlic. Puree potatoes with an immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth.
Leave a Reply