Combining the fresh and slightly sweet flavor of melon with bacon creates a drink that is perfect for summer fun.
- Fresh melon
- 1 bottle Ketel One vodka infused with bacon
- 1 lb. Bacon + more for garnish
Start by infusing a 750 ml. bottle of Ketel One vodka with 1 lb. of bacon.
- Prepare the vodka until it is crisp.
- Place it in an airtight container such as a mason jar, along with the vodka.
- Run this through the dishwasher (really! – it helps the infusion process.)
- Let the jar sit at least overnight to get a full flavor.
- Filter through a coffee filter to avoid a greasy film at the top of your drink.
Next, use that vodka to make the Bacon Melon-tini!
- Cut a fresh melon into small pieces.
- For every 5 oz. of vodka, use about 1/2 cup melon, and in a mixer, muddle the melon in the vodka.
- Add ice and shake.
- Pour into a glass, and top with a garnish of fresh melon wrapped in a slice of bacon.