The 1980′s was a decade of excitement. It was a decade of speaking out and fighting for what you believe in.
It was also an age where people found interest in debates, and solving problems.
During the 1980′s, Billy Bush was going to St George’s Academy in Newport, RI where he played Lacrosse and Hockey for his school. I was inspired to take a few of America’s favorite foods found in the cafeteria of any school and turned them into miniature snack bites with a 80′s inspired signature cocktail from the icon candy, The Astro Pop.
Pac Man and Cheese
4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
½ cup sour cream
4 tbsp. butter, cut into pieces
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
plain bread crumbs
Truffle Tater Tots
1 large bag frozen tater tots
Astro Pop Cocktail
1 oz. Absolut ® Raspberri vodka
1 oz. sweet and sour mix
½ oz. grenadine syrup
½ oz. Blue Curacao liqueur
1. Add vodka and sour mix into a tumbler with ice to chill.
2. Shake ingredients and pour in a large shot glass.
3. Use Grenadine and allow to sink to the bottom of the glass (pour slowly
down the inside of the glass)
4. Allow Blue Curacao to sink to the middle of the glass (it will sit on top of the
grenadine if poured slowly down inside of the glass)
5. The finished product will be red, blue, then white from the bottom to top.
1980′s Inspired Playlist
Here is a great playlist to immerse your guests in the 80′s theme.
1. Rick Springfield – Jesse’s Girl
2. The Bangles Walk – Like an Egyptian
3. Belinda Carlisle – Heaven Is a Place on Earth
4. UB40 – Red Red Wine
5. Starship – Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now
6. Daryl Hall – Kiss on My List
7. Steve Winwood – Higher Love
8. Cyndi Lauper – Time After Time
9. Kool & the Gang – Celebration
10. Boston – Amanda
11. Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
12. David Bowie – Let’s Dance
13. Simple Minds – Don’t You (Forget About Me)
14. Escape Club – Wild, Wild West
15. INXS – Need You Tonight
16. Olivia Newton-John – Physical
17. Phil Collins – Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)
18. Lionel Richie – Truly
This entry was posted on Friday, November 4th, 2011 at 9:32 am and is filed under Party Engineering ® and tagged with 1 minute, 1980's, 2 inches, 350 degrees, absolut, add, additional cheese, against all odds, amanda, America's, Astro Pop, bag, bake, beaten, before serving, belinda carlisle, Billy Bush, blue, blue curacao, boston, bread crumbs, butter, cafeteria, cd, celebration, cheddar, cheese, circle, cone, cooked, cyndi lauper, daryl hall, david bowie, don't you forget about me, Dredge, dutch, egg, escape club, eurythmics, everything '80s, excitement, favorite foods, flour, Frozen, frozen pizzas, fry, Golden Brown, grated, grenadine, heat, heaven is a place on earth, heavy duty, higher love, Hockey, hot, icon candy, ingredients, inside, Inspired, instructions, interest in debates, INXS, jesse's girl, kiss on my list, kool & the Gang, Lacrosse, large bowl, large shot glass, let's dance, like an egyptian, liqueur, mac and cheese, macaroni, middle, milk, mini, mini pizzas, miniature snack bite, mix, need you tonight, Newport, nothing's gonna stop us now, Olivia Newton John, overnight, pac man, pac man and cheese, package, paper towels, phil collins, Physical, pizzas, pour, rasberri, red red wine, refrigerator, Rhode Island, rick springfield, round cookie cutter, Salt, School, separate, Shake, shaped cookie cutters, side, signature cocktail, simple minds, slowly, solving problems, sour cream, sprinkle, St George's Academy, starship, steve winwood, sweet and sour, sweet dreams, syrup, tater tots, temperature, the bangles walk, time after time, top, truffle, truffle salt, truffle tater tots, ub40, Vodka, wild, wild west. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.