Holiday Cake Pop Ornaments
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for a shiny metal or glass pan (325 degrees Fahrenheit for a dark or nonstick pan.
- Grease the bottom of the 13” x 9” pan.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds then on medium speed for two minutes. Scrape the bowl occasionally to prevent lumps in the batter.
- Pour into the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a knife cut the cake into small square while still inside the pan.
- Empty the freshly baked cake into a large mixing bowl and using a fork, break it apart using a fork so that it is broken into small crumbled pieces.
- Mix in ½ the can of Betty Crocker Chocolate Frosting to the freshly baked cake and mix until blended and smooth. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- After the mixture is chilled, take 1 tbsp of the mixture and form a small round ball. Place on a cookie sheet. Repeat until batter is finished. Place in freezer for 20-30 minutes until hard.
- Melt the Wilton Chocolate Melts in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, stir occasionally.
- Dip the stick or cooking twine into the melted chocolate and push into the cake ball.
- Dip the cake balls into the chocolate melts until they are fully covered with melted chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving to prevent chocolate from melting.
For more of Mark’s Luxurious Holiday Destination Party ideas and recipes, click here!
Like us on Facebook for more holiday tips and tricks!