Pierogies: Zesties, Pesto, and Butter and Onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine hot sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spray pierogies with non-stick cooking spray and coat baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
- Arrange pierogies on baking sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown
- Lightly spray pierogies with non-stick cooking spray and toss with seasoning mixture
Pierogy Pesto Bites
(Serves 6 appetizer portions)
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 package of Mrs. T’s Potato and Cheddar Mini Pierogies
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper strips, well drained
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Saute pierogies as package directs.
- Stir softened cream cheese, pesto and salt in a medium bowl until well blended and smooth
- Arrange pierogies on large serving platter, top each pierogi with a small dollop of pesto mixture. Top each with a few roasted red pepper strips and sprinkle with pine nuts
Pierogies with Butter and Onions
- Place pierogies in boiling water; about 5 to 7 minutes
- Meanwhile, saute onions and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Place sauteed onions and butter in a large bowl; add cooked pierogies and mix gently
- Serve and top with sour cream, if desired
For more of Mark’s Super Bowl XLVI recipes and tips, click here!
For more of Mark’s Tips and Tricks, “Like Us” on Facebook or “Follow Us” on Twitter!