Blarney Scones – On a Stick!
- 1 ½ cup white flour (plus some for kneading)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ pound butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten (plus some for the top of the egg)
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup white raisins
- 1 Wilton shamrock cookie cutter
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Add butter, blending until mixture is butter-colored. Add sugar and continue to mix well.
- Add the beaten egg and all the milk.
- Add raisins mixing well to make a sticky dough.
- Turn dough onto floured board and knead at least 5 minutes or longer.
- Using your hands, spread dough out to be about 1” thick. Cut dough into rounds (or shamrocks using a Wilton cookie cutter).
- Insert your lollipop stick and place on lined/greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops of scones with the extra beaten egg.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown.
- Once removed from the oven, place sticks in the scones before they harden.
For more of Mark’s St Patrick’s Day recipes and tips, click here!
“Like Us” on Facebook and “Follow Us” on Twitter for more recipes, tips and tricks!