- 2 ½ tablespoons superfine white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chili paste or sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 ripe tomato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 pound very fresh New Zealand King salmon filets (sushi grade preferred), thinly sliced
- 4 avocados, halved
- In a large glass or plastic bowl, dissolve the sugar, salt, and chili paste in the lime juice.
- Season with pepper and cumin.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, tomato, jalapeno and cilantro.
- Gently mix in the salmon and then cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To serve, drain the excess liquid from the salmon.
- Allow to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes and serve in avocado halves.
For more of my Mother’s Day recipes and tips, click here!
“Like Us” on Facebook and “Follow Us” on Twitter for more recipes, tips and tricks!