The Perfect Father’s Day Recipes!
Mini Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches - For the X Men Dad
- Schwans Mini Donuts
- Ice Cream, any kind
- Garnishes; candy sprinkles or miniature chocolate chips or chopped nuts or shredded coconut or chopped decorative candies
Cut donut in half like a bagel. Place small scoop of ice cream on half and press other half on top, pushing ice cream slightly out the sides. Roll the edges and the holes in the garnish/es of choice. EAT! OR wrap tightly and freeze.
Burbon-Lime Baste Recipe - For the Mr. Mom Dad
To be served with the Fiesta Lime Shrimp Skewers
- 3/4 cup of Bulleit Bourbon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Juice of one Lime Mix all ingredients together and heat until brown sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
Rosemary Spiced Nuts - For the Mad Man Dad
- Vegetable oil
- 3 cups whole roasted unsalted cashews
- 2 cups whole walnut halves
- 2 cups whole pecan halves
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder (or another spice, like ancho chili pepper or Spanish paprika)
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan generously with vegetable oil, or cover with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add the different kinds of nuts. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, the maple syrup, brown sugar, orange juice, and chipotle powder (or other spice) and mix well. Pour the mixture onto the nuts and toss well. Add the chopped rosemary and 2 teaspoons of salt and toss again.
- Spread the nuts in one layer on the baking pan. Roast the nuts for 25 minutes, stirring twice with a large spatula, until the nuts are glazed and golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with 2 more teaspoons of salt and the remaining 2 tablespoons of rosemary.
- Toss well and set aside at room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking as they cool. Taste for seasoning. Serve warm or cool completely and store in airtight containers at room temperature.
“Like Us” on Facebook or “Follow Us” on Twitter for more recipes, tips and tricks!