BLT Layered Spread
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 2/3 cups softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- ¾ cups crumbled crispy bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
Layer 1: Place 2 cups cream cheese and bacon in the food processor, using blend until smooth, season with pepper.
Layer 2: Chop the garlic in a food processor. Mix in basil, lemon juice, pine nuts, and olive oil. Process until well blended. Mix in 1/3 cup cream cheese and blend using pulse setting until almost smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
Layer 3: Coarsely chop sun-dried tomatoes in the food processor. Mix in tomato paste and 1/3 cup cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly grease a mini loaf pan. Line pan with plastic wrap so that the wrap extends over sides of the pan.
- Evenly spread ¼ cup cream bacon mixture in the prepared dish. Layer alternatively with ½ the sun-dried tomato mixture, ¼ cup bacon mixture and ½ the pesto mixture. Repeat layering.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. To serve, carefully invert pan onto a platter and remove plastic.
For more information on Mark’s Easy Breezy Summer Entertaining, click here!
“Like Us” on Facebook and “Follow Us” on Twitter for more recipes, tips and tricks!