Gazpacho Push Pops
Layer 1: Gazpacho
Layer 2: Guacamole
Layer 3: Crème Fraiche
- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 sweet red bell pepper (or green) seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 6 or more drops of Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups tomato juice
- White bread
- Combine all ingredients.
- Blend slightly to desired consistency.
- Place in non-metal, non-reactive storage container, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight, allowing flavors to blend.
- Using a circular cookie cutter, cut white bread into small circles a bit smaller than the mouth of the push pop container. Place the piece of white bread as the bottom layer of the push pop.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ red onion, minced (about ½ cup)
- 1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. of fresh lime or lemon juice
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- a dash of freshly grated black pepper
- ½ ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Cut avocados in half. Remove pit. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness, add the amount of your choice.
- Keep tomatoes separate until ready to serve.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidations from the air reaching it.
- Refrigerate until ready.
- Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix.
For more information on Mark’s Easy Breezy Summer Entertaining, click here!
“Like Us” on Facebook and “Follow Us” on Twitter for more recipes, tips and tricks!