Easy Tabletop Decor for Summer Entertaining
For this tabletop, I chose to use the colors of red, white and blue since 4th of July is right around the corner!
- Start with a plain white tablecloth. This should be a staple in your entertaining arsenal.
- Add touches of red, white and blue by interchanging colors within your plates, silverware, napkins and serving pieces.
- Easy stripe candles are the perfect way to pay tribute to the Stars and Stripes.
- Dress up the average votive candle by placing two cylinder vases, one bigger than the other, inside of each other.
- Fill the inner vase with rice approximately two thirds of the way full and place a votive candle in the center.
- Place colored rice in layers to make a stripe pattern by alternating colors.
MYO Colored Rice
- In a small bowl (metal works best if you don’t want your bowl to be stained), mix 2 tablespoons of water and 2-5 drops of paste food coloring. The stronger the color, the more food coloring you should add. Stir with a metal spoon until the coloring is dissolved in the water.
- Add 1 cup of white rice until the grains have all absorbed the color. Let the rice sit for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Drain the water and spread the colored rice out on newspaper, several layers thick to absorb any excess liquid, to dry. Drying over night is usually best.
- Store the rice in a plastic storage container until ready to use or for your next project.
For more information on Mark’s Easy Breezy Summer Entertaining, click here!
“Like Us” on Facebook and “Follow Us” on Twitter for more recipes, tips and tricks!