Individual Dips On-The-Go!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip in Individual Bread Bowls
- 3 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) rye or pumpernickel bread
In a large bowl combine the first 7 ingredients. Cut a thin slice off the top of the bread. Hollow out the bottom half, leaving a ½ inch shell. Cut removed bread into 1-in. cubes.
- Place cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat or 2-3 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
- Place bread shell on an ungreased baking sheet. Spoon dip into bread shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with Bread cubes.
Individual Vegetable Dip
- 1 ½ cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, dill, parsley, garlic, salt, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon mixture into individual sized serving cups and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with fresh vegetables in cups with dip: carrots, celery, red peppers, green peppers, and yellow peppers.
Individual Layered Bean Dip with Pita Chips
- Layer 1: Hummus
- Layer 2: Black Bean Dip
- Layer 3: White Bean Dip
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.
- Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).
- Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate.
Black Bean Dip
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Place the tomato, onion and cilantro into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well chopped.
- Add the black beans, cumin, hot sauce and salt, to taste, and pulse until the mixture is mostly smooth.
White Bean Dip
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.
- 3 pitas, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Cut pitas into 8 wedges. Pour olive oil into a bowl and add garlic, salt and pepper
- Brush pita chips olive oil and garlic mixture.
- Arrange pita chips on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- In individual cups, evenly spread hummus, white bean dip and black bean dip. Repeat layering.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with pita chips
For more of Mark’s Tailgating Recipes, tips and tricks, click here!
“Like Us” on Facebook and “Follow Us” on Twitter for more recipes, tips and tricks!