Spooktacular Costumes: Fairy
Materials: White button down shirt, fabric scissors, white 1-inch ribbon, 3 different colors of tulle, and ruler
- Carefully remove the cuff and collar from the shirt along the sewn edge with fabric scissors. (use the collar and cuffs for Arista-Cat or Magic Mike)
- Cut slits in the shirt along the collar and cuff areas with fabric scissors
- Thread white ribbon through the slits and tie the ends of the ribbon into a bow.
- Cut the three colors of tulle into different lengths - 8, 12 & 16 inches
- Fold the piece of tulle in half and tie it to the ribbon threaded the collar by pulling the cut sides of the tulle through the looped end. Repeat with alternating colors until the collar is complete.
- Repeat step 5 to complete the cuffs.
Complete this costume with leggings, a flowy skirt, and boots. You can even kick it up a notch by making a fairytale skirt using the same technique with the tulle and ribbon.