The 1980′s was a decade of excitement. It was a decade of speaking out and fighting for what you believe in.
It was also an age where people found interest in debates, and solving problems.
During the 1980′s, Billy Bush was going to St George’s Academy in Newport, RI where he played Lacrosse and Hockey for his school. I was inspired to take a few of America’s favorite foods found in the cafeteria of any school and turned them into miniature snack bites with a 80′s inspired signature cocktail from the icon candy, The Astro Pop.
Pac Man and Cheese
4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
½ cup sour cream
4 tbsp. butter, cut into pieces
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
plain bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture.
- Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Top with additional cheese if desired.
- Chill macaroni and cheese in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut into pieces using a round cookie cutter.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large heavy duty Dutch over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dredge each circle in flour then egg, and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry for about 1 minute on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
Truffle Tater Tots
1 large bag frozen tater tots
- Follow the instructions on the back of the package to bake the tater tots.
- Sprinkle with truffle salt.
- Heat the oven to the temperature as instructed on the frozen pizza.
- Using fun shaped cookie cutters, cut the frozen pizza into small pieces.
- Bake as instructed.
Astro Pop Cocktail
1 oz. Absolut ® Raspberri vodka
1 oz. sweet and sour mix
½ oz. grenadine syrup
½ oz. Blue Curacao liqueur
1. Add vodka and sour mix into a tumbler with ice to chill.
2. Shake ingredients and pour in a large shot glass.
3. Use Grenadine and allow to sink to the bottom of the glass (pour slowly
down the inside of the glass)
4. Allow Blue Curacao to sink to the middle of the glass (it will sit on top of the
grenadine if poured slowly down inside of the glass)
5. The finished product will be red, blue, then white from the bottom to top.
1980′s Inspired Playlist
Here is a great playlist to immerse your guests in the 80′s theme.
1. Rick Springfield – Jesse’s Girl
2. The Bangles Walk – Like an Egyptian
3. Belinda Carlisle – Heaven Is a Place on Earth
4. UB40 – Red Red Wine
5. Starship – Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now
6. Daryl Hall – Kiss on My List
7. Steve Winwood – Higher Love
8. Cyndi Lauper – Time After Time
9. Kool & the Gang – Celebration
10. Boston – Amanda
11. Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
12. David Bowie – Let’s Dance
13. Simple Minds – Don’t You (Forget About Me)
14. Escape Club – Wild, Wild West
15. INXS – Need You Tonight
16. Olivia Newton-John – Physical
17. Phil Collins – Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)
18. Lionel Richie – Truly
Nov 04, 2011 | Categories: Party Engineering ® | Tags: 1 minute, 1980's, 2 inches, 350 degrees, absolut, add, additional cheese, against all odds, amanda, America's, Astro Pop, bag, bake, beaten, before serving, belinda carlisle, Billy Bush, blue, blue curacao, boston, bread crumbs, butter, cafeteria, cd, celebration, cheddar, cheese, circle, cone, cooked, cyndi lauper, daryl hall, david bowie, don't you forget about me, Dredge, dutch, egg, escape club, eurythmics, everything '80s, excitement, favorite foods, flour, Frozen, frozen pizzas, fry, Golden Brown, grated, grenadine, heat, heaven is a place on earth, heavy duty, higher love, Hockey, hot, icon candy, ingredients, inside, Inspired, instructions, interest in debates, INXS, jesse's girl, kiss on my list, kool & the Gang, Lacrosse, large bowl, large shot glass, let's dance, like an egyptian, liqueur, mac and cheese, macaroni, middle, milk, mini, mini pizzas, miniature snack bite, mix, need you tonight, Newport, nothing's gonna stop us now, Olivia Newton John, overnight, pac man, pac man and cheese, package, paper towels, phil collins, Physical, pizzas, pour, rasberri, red red wine, refrigerator, Rhode Island, rick springfield, round cookie cutter, Salt, School, separate, Shake, shaped cookie cutters, side, signature cocktail, simple minds, slowly, solving problems, sour cream, sprinkle, St George's Academy, starship, steve winwood, sweet and sour, sweet dreams, syrup, tater tots, temperature, the bangles walk, time after time, top, truffle, truffle salt, truffle tater tots, ub40, Vodka, wild, wild west | Leave A Comment »
Uncle Fester, Gomez’s brother has an explosive personality and is in love with the moon. Fester runs on electrical current and can power electrical devices all on his own.
8 oz Highball
4 oz Mountain Dew
1 oz Smirnoff Vodka
½ oz Chambord
1 pack Strawberry Pop Rocks
To garnish the rim of the highball, moisten the edge using lime juice and dredge in Pop Rocks. Fill the glass with ice. Fill a shaker with ice, Mountain Dew, Chambord and Vodka, shake until mixed and chilled. Pour into glass.
** To make non-alcoholic, replace Chambord with cherry juice and omit the vodka.
Bat Chips and Bloody Dip
Bat Shaped Pita Chips and red pepper oil drizzled hummus
Salt and Pepper
To make Bat Chips: Using a bat shaped cookie cutter, cut the pieces of Pita Bread into the desired shapes, you may use any cookie cutter for the desired shape. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush the pita chips with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
To make Hummus: Using a blender, puree the pimento peppers. Drizzle the puree on top of hummus and serve.
Like us on Facebook for exclusive design and entertaining tips, tricks, tactics, and more!
Oct 25, 2011 | Categories: Master Mixology ® | Tags: 375 Degrees, 8-10 Minutes, Baking Sheet, Bat Chips, Bat Chips and Bloody Dip, Bat Shaped, Bat Shaped Cookie Cutter, Blender, Bloody Dip, Brush with Olive Oil, Chambord, cherry juice, Chips, Chips and Dip, Cookie Cutter, Cut, Dip, Dredge, Electical Current, Electric Shock, Electrical, Explosive, explosive personality, Fester, Garnish Rim, Golden Brown, Gomez's Brother, Highball, Hummus, Ice, In Love with the Moon, Lime Juice, Lime Wedge, Love, Moon, Mountain Dew, Olive Oil, Pepper, Pimento Peppers, Pimento Peppers Puree, Pita Bread, Pita Chips, Pop Rocks, Power Devices, Puree, Red Pepper, Red Pepper Oil, Red Pepper oil drizzled hummus, Salt, Salt and Pepper, Shaker, Shock, Smirnoff, Smirnoff Vodka, Strawberry, Strawberry Pop Rocks, Uncle, Uncle Fester, Vodka | Leave A Comment »