Recipe from 75 Main; Southampton, NY
- Red Leaf Lettuce
- Candied Walnuts
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Dried Cranberries
- Gorgonzola Cheese
Celebrity Spotting: Favorite dish of Joe Biden, Lindsey Lohan and Kim Kardashian
For more of Mark’s “Chic-rets” to Hamptons Celebrity Entertaining, click here!
Celebutantes like Kelly Ripa, Kim Kardashian and Twilight’s Ashley Greene gathered in the Hamptons to show their support for The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and get their hands on some designer duds at Super Saturday 13 benefit. The fundraiser, dubbed as The World’s Largest Designer Garage Sale proved to be a hotbed for summer’s transitioning trends: neutral-hued fedoras, quirky espadrille wedges and an array of other hot must-haves.
Here are my Top 10 Trend-Spotting Highlights:
1. Beirn’s Jenna handbag in vibrant snakeskin dominated the top of many shoppers’ lists, including the Kardashian sisters and Star Jones
2. Bladeless Dyson Fans with advanced wind technology sold out in a record 28 minutes, easily surpassing any of the season’s hottest designers
3. Rachel Zoe made a point to hit up the June Jacob’s Salon to get a deal on their coveted papaya face mask, a necessity after a long day at the beach
4. Ange ou Demon Le Secret perfume, by always-popular Givenchy, was a huge hit with Hamptonites of every age
5. Tory Burch’s elephant print bikini became the obvious choice for Summer 2010 swimwear, attracting gaggles of girls throughout the day
6. Purchased by Kelly Ripa, Magaschoni’s bright basics were extremely popular, adding the perfect pop to a chic Summer ensemble
7. Ashley Greene could be seen admiring DKNY’s jersey a-line skirts, most popular in warm neutrals and white
8. Rachel Zoe’s Accessories Collection, perused by supermodel Karlie Kloss and actress Marishka Hargitay exemplified high fashion and eccentric style.
9. Recently gracing the cover of WWD, Hat Attack’s summer styles caused wave of excitement, easily selling out in a few hours
10. Nicole Miller‘s booth proved itself a front-runner in this year’s fashion frenzy, possibly because the well-known designer made a personal appearance for her customers
Super Saturday 13 hosts Kelly Ripa Twilight’s Ashley Greene invited celebs and New York’s elite to gather in the weekend getaway spot known as The Hamptons to show their support for The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and shop to their hearts delight 13th annual Super Saturday benefit.
The fundraiser, dubbed The World’s Largest Designer Garage Sale, proved to be a hit with celebrity designers such as Betsey Johnson and Nicole Miller, who enjoyed themselves at the various family activities as well as the open-bar sponsored by Patron.
This event would be possible with out the ongoing support of Donna Karan who started this event 13 years ago with friend and Harper’s Bazzar Editor in Chief Liz Tilberis (who lost her battle with Ovarian Cancer a decade ago) and Next Model Management founder Faith Kates Kogan. Along with InStyle Magazine the organization attracts Hollwood’s biggest and brightest stars including.
New comers to the event Ashley Green and all of the Kardashian Ladies (Kris Jenner included) heated up the “red carpet” this year creating the biggest media buzz the event has ever had. Guests lined up at the entrance of the event to shop elbow-to-elbow with New York and Hollywood’s elite. I had the opportunity to talk to many of the celebs – stay tuned for videos with Ashley Green, the Kardashians, Kelly Ripa and Donna Karan.
For the 9th year, Mark and his team at EVENTSTYLE will be producing Super Saturday 13, the annual shopping event sponsored by Donna Karan, InStyle, and QVC, to benefit the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
This “Rolls Royce of Yard Sales”, hosted by Kelly Ripa, will take place in the Hamptons on July 31st, 2010 from Noon to 6PM at Nova’s Ark Project—60 Mill Stone Rd, Water Mill, New York.
• Join the fun, grab the family and friends and come to Super Saturday 13 to benefit Ovarian Cancer Research!
• Shop till you drop at the world famous designer garage sale with every item 30–50% off.
• Complete with a gourmet lunch, refreshments and exciting activities for adults and kids alike, this event it not to be missed!
To Purchase Tickets go to OCRF.org
Adult Preview Shopping Tickets @ $650 (VIP Noon Entry)
Adult Tickets @ $450 (1pm Entry)
Kids Tickets @ $150 (ages 5-16, kids under 5 free)
If you not in the New York Metro Area and can’t make it to the event, follow Mark on Twitter for up-to-the-minute tweets live from the event, and become a fan of Mark on Facebook to see behind-the-scene photos, celebrity pictures and videos at the event. Sign up for Mark’s Newsletter for a full recap of all of the celebrities at the event, TV coverage and exclusive “making of Super Saturday” videos!
Super Secret… A little bird tells me that Kim Kardashian might make and appearance