Celebutantes like Kelly Ripa, Kim Kardashian and Twilight’s Ashley Greene gathered in the Hamptons to show their support for The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund and get their hands on some designer duds at Super Saturday 13 benefit. The fundraiser, dubbed as The World’s Largest Designer Garage Sale proved to be a hotbed for summer’s transitioning trends: neutral-hued fedoras, quirky espadrille wedges and an array of other hot must-haves.
Here are my Top 10 Trend-Spotting Highlights:
1. Beirn’s Jenna handbag in vibrant snakeskin dominated the top of many shoppers’ lists, including the Kardashian sisters and Star Jones
2. Bladeless Dyson Fans with advanced wind technology sold out in a record 28 minutes, easily surpassing any of the season’s hottest designers
3. Rachel Zoe made a point to hit up the June Jacob’s Salon to get a deal on their coveted papaya face mask, a necessity after a long day at the beach
4. Ange ou Demon Le Secret perfume, by always-popular Givenchy, was a huge hit with Hamptonites of every age
5. Tory Burch’s elephant print bikini became the obvious choice for Summer 2010 swimwear, attracting gaggles of girls throughout the day
6. Purchased by Kelly Ripa, Magaschoni’s bright basics were extremely popular, adding the perfect pop to a chic Summer ensemble
7. Ashley Greene could be seen admiring DKNY’s jersey a-line skirts, most popular in warm neutrals and white
8. Rachel Zoe’s Accessories Collection, perused by supermodel Karlie Kloss and actress Marishka Hargitay exemplified high fashion and eccentric style.
9. Recently gracing the cover of WWD, Hat Attack’s summer styles caused wave of excitement, easily selling out in a few hours
10. Nicole Miller‘s booth proved itself a front-runner in this year’s fashion frenzy, possibly because the well-known designer made a personal appearance for her customers