- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in milk, eggs and melted butter, mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1 tablespoon for each pancake
- Brown on both sides
Sweet Beer Syrup
- 2 ½ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup Guinness or other beer
- ¾ cup water
- ½ teaspoon maple flavored extract
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and beer
- Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved
- Remove from heat and stir in maple flavoring
- Serve warm
Sprinkle edible gold dust on the pancakes to give them the gold simmer like a gold coin.
For more of Mark’s St Patrick’s Day recipes and tips, click here!