- 5 cups of finely chopped roasted turkey (from the deli or from a fresh roasted breast)
- 8 tablespoons turkey gravy from the can
- 4 cups prepared stuffing
- 4 sheets frozen prepared pastry dough, defrosted
- 4 cups of mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Unfold the pastry sheets out on a floured cutting board. With a sharp knife cut the dough into squares (1/3 larger than the diameter of your mini muffin tin pan). Press each square into a well-greased mini muffin tin pan. In each muffin cup, place 1 tbs. of stuffing topped with 1 tbs of minced turkey, 2 tsp. gravy and 1 tbs. of mashed potatoes. Wrap the dough up and over the turkey, pinch and seal the dough with egg wash and trim any excess (You can use the leftover dough bits to make decorative garnishes for the tops.) and brush all over with egg wash. Use egg wash as “glue” to affix dough garnishes.
Bake Bird Pies 20-25 minutes, until golden. Let stand 5 minutes, then serve.
For links to all The Golden Harvest recipes and tips, click here!