Ginger Beer Chicken Kebabs
1 ½ cups flat Guinness Black Lager
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 piece of orange peel
2 pounds cubed boneless chicken breast
1. In a nonreactive bowl, combine the beer, olive oil, ginger, garlic and orange peel.
2. Use a receptacle large enough to snugly hold the meat but not too large or flavor will not penetrate.
3. Cover tightly and be sure to leave the meat in the marinade long enough to pick up the flavors of the liquid, at least 6 hours and up to 48.
4. Soak bamboo skewers in water while chicken is marinating.
5. Turn the meat frequently so that the marinade is evenly distributed.
6. Strain and use as a basting sauce if desired.
7. Lightly oil grill pan and preheat to high heat.
8. Remove chicken from marinade, skewer and add to grill pan.
9. Cook the chicken until grill marks are visible.
10. Place in 300 degree Fahrenheit oven on wire racks to continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.