1. Bring everything but the chicken to a simmer. Let cook for 25 minutes until vegetables are soft. Turn off heat and set aside to room temperature.
2. Butcher chicken into 8 pieces, separating into 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings, and saving all the backs and carcasses.
3. Remove the innards and use it for a different recipe.
4. Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat dry with a towel.
5. Add chicken pieces to chicken stock, starting with the wings, followed by thighs and drumsticks, and breasts on top, and turn heat to simmer and poach until chicken is tender and meat falls apart from the bones.
6. Remove chicken from stock and refrigerate until cold. Once cold, pull chicken meat, discarding skin and fat, and save the meat to be used in filling. Strain chicken stock for use later.