1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium saucepan, cook the cream and the vanilla bean over moderate heat until the surface begins to shimmer. Remove the vanilla bean and let sit for 10 mins.
3. Meanwhile, beat 1/4 cup of sugar and egg yolks together in a large mixing bowl. Whisking constantly, pour warm cream mixture into the beaten egg yolks and pour through a very fine sieve into 4 (4 ounce) crème brûlée dishes
4. Place the dishes into a shallow baking dish large to hold them without crowding. Place the dish on the middle rack of the oven. Carefully fill the baking dish with boiling water so it comes halfway up the sides of the filled dishes
5. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the custard is set in the center. Remove the custards to a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until ready to use.
6. When ready to serve, preheat the broiler. Generously sprinkle the top of each chilled custard with an equal portion of the sugar, taking care to cover all of the custard, so that it gives an even finish.
7. Place the chilled crème brûlée dishes under the preheated broiler and broil for about 2 minutes, or until the tops are crackling brown.
** Pro Tip: Use a culinary torch to brown the sugar, taking care to constantly move the torch around the surface to avoid burning the sugar topping.
8. Remove from the broiler and serve immediately sprinkle with 24K Gold Flakes and top with a Gold Gilded Truffle.