1. Drain potatoes and put them into a mixing bowl with sour cream, egg yolk, cream and combine.
2. Add chicken broth little by little into potatoes and mash until potatoes are smooth.
3. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat.
4. Add oil to hot pan with beef. Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble meat for 3 or 4 minutes.
5. Add carrots and onions to the meat. Cook veggies with meat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Thicken gravy 1 minute. Add gravy to meat and vegetables. Stir in corn and peas.
7. Preheat broiler to high.
8. Fill a baking dish with meat and vegetable mixture.
9. Spoon potatoes over meat evenly.
10. Top potatoes with paprika and broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until potatoes are evenly browned. Top casserole dish with chopped green chives and serve.